View demo video
How It Works - Do-It-Yourself Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
BK ParaDox™ was started by bankruptcy attorneys who believe that consumers unable to afford an attorney, or who want to prepare their own Chapter 7 bankruptcy, should have a website committed to providing all the resources needed. While having an attorney represent you is always an option, we believe that there must be alternatives to allow individuals access to the courts using all the tools we can provide. In difficult economic times when our government is bailing out banks and credit card companies with your tax dollars, it is time to provide consumers with the tools they need to handle their own financial difficulties.
How It Works
This website provides a comprehensive guide to assist individuals filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
With the help of our contributing resources including Nolo, the largest publisher of Do-It-Yourself law books in the country and Springboard®, one of the top consumer credit counseling agencies in America, we have created the first truly interactive step-by-step approach that allows you to prepare your own Chapter 7 bankruptcy at your own pace.
Each step of the BK ParaDox™ process presents the form to be completed and whenever you need help, we provide easy to understand TIPS directly relating to the question that you are working on. In addition, at any point, you can see an example of a completed form, as a sample answer.
The following is a step-by-step guide that you will use on our website to accomplish each step for your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy:
- Median Income Test - This is a free short set of questions to determine if you are qualified to file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. (Most people qualify)
- Consumer Credit Counseling - Before you file your Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you must complete online or by telephone a counseling session. We help you accomplish this right from our website and you will receive your required Certificate of Completion directly from the agency.
- Complete Your Paperwork – Complete your petition and schedules on our website with a step-by-step approach at your own pace with tools to help explain how to do it yourself.
- Sign and File Your Paperwork - You receive a full checklist to make sure you have everything you need to successfully file your case.
- Attend Your First Creditors Meeting - After you file your case, you will get a notice for your meeting at the court. This website provides a full checklist for how to handle this meeting.
- Complete Your Credit Education Course and Final Documents - We provide all you need to finalize all requirements.
- Receive a Discharge of Your Debts.
If at any point you decide that you would prefer to hire an attorney to represent you, we can provide a link to attorneys in your community who will credit any fees you paid on this site as a reduction in their attorney fees for a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
BK ParaDox™ provides all the tools for each step of the process of preparing and filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy to allow you a "fresh start" with the discharge of your appropriate debt.
READY TO BEGIN?
Just Push the "Get Started" Button on the Top of this Page and we will explain what to do step by step...